Hi, I'm Jenn Schilling Founder of Schilling Data Studio!
I'm so glad you're here!
I love analyzing data, visualizing data, and coding in R! I've been working with data and learning how to create impactful data visualizations for over ten years. I also have teaching experience - I earned a certificate in secondary education and taught middle schoolers and then graduate students. Plus, I've run professional development workshops and trainings.
Now, I'm taking everything I know about data analysis and visualization, R, telling stories with data, and effective teaching, and turning it into easy-to-follow courses that will guide you through the process of creating your own insightful data visualizations. I can't wait to get started and see the impact you'll make!
"I was accurately and effectively able to tell the story of the data! It helped us make decisions and my supervisor was very impressed with the results. Thank you so much for meeting with me and helping me create visualizations!!"
"Your presentation was fantastic. You are an excellent speaker. As someone who does not work with data, I was able to follow along and I learned a lot."
"I had several people reach out and ask for the recording and slides following the presentation. You clearly provided something of great value to our community. We appreciate the time and care you took with this presentation."
Jenn has been seen...
- Teaching at the College for Creative Studies where she's an adjunct faculty member and has taught graduate courses on data visualization and R and at Denison University where she gives a regular guest lecture on data visualization.
- Delivering workshops including sessions for the Association of Institutional Research on performing data analysis, visualization, and sentiment analysis in R, Women in Data Science Worldwide on principles of good data visualization, Data Science Salon on dashboard design thinking, the University of Colorado Data Community of Practice on principles of good data visualization, and the Higher Education Tableau User Group on data viz best practices.
- Writing articles for the Data Visualization Society's Nightingale (A Design Process for Data Viz, Early Sketches for Career Portraits in Data Visualization, Making a Data Collage, Review of Building Science Graphics) and on the Schilling Data Studio Blog.
- Presenting on panels including the Women in Data Science Tucson Data Science Careers panel and Data Careers Summit Day in the Life panel.
- Being interviewed on the Subkit Go Solo Series, Women in Analytics Podcast, and She Will Viz.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Schilling Data Studio.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.